Aprehend™ Pre-treatment Preparation
For best results, follow the preparation instructions below, more time spent on proper preparation will be rewarded with faster results.
• Remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, comforters, pillows, or any other bedding covers from your mattress and box spring in all bedrooms. Run through a hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 40 minutes
• All clothes, on floors and hanging over chairs should be picked up and processed as above, place back into drawers.
• De-clutter, this will assist in removing potential bed bug harborages. Check items for signs of infestation.
• Do not re-arrange furniture other than moving bed and couch away from the walls. It is not necessary to remove clean clothing items from draws or cupboards unless these items are clearly heavily infested (visible bed bugs).
• Platform beds/beds with built-in storage. Remove all clothing items from these storage areas and dry at high heat. Items can be replaced after treatment.
• Vacuum baseboards to remove dust build-up from these areas. Remove the vacuum cleaner bag or contents of the canister, place in a plastic bag, and dispose of in the trash can outside your apartment/home.
• In order to give the treatment time to work, do not clean or remove the spray barriers that have been applied. In most cases, barriers will have been applied in areas that are not normally accessed, but if infestation was suspected behind baseboards or electrical outlets, for example, a 2” spray barrier will have been applied on the wall above or around these installations respectively. Under certain lighting conditions, these barriers may be visible. Leave these in place until you are certain that the infestation has been eradicated. The barrier will remain active for up to 3 months if left undisturbed but can be easily removed with detergent and water, or disposable disinfectant wipes when required.
• Please allow 2 to 4 weeks after the treatment for it to be completely effective. Bed bugs may not leave their hiding places for a number of days after treatment, and nymphs hatching from eggs will not be affected until they cross a spray barrier. However, all bed bugs will die within 3-7 days after crossing a treated surface.
NOTE: In light or early infestations we only request you move the bed and couch away from the wall and do not wash any treated surfaces for 4 weeks-vacuuming or sweeping is fine.
Note even cluttered areas can be controlled as long as barriers remain intact.