Cockroach Extermination Services
How to Get Rid of Roaches and Keep Them at Bay
One of the most common requests we receive and many people ask is about how to get rid of roaches. With an exponential breeding rate, the ability to survive a nuclear blast, and the fact that they will eat their own children to survive the cockroach is a formidable opponent. Elimination of roaches requires the following steps:
1. Moisture must be controlled. Cockroaches love moisture and most of the cockroaches that we deal with in the Northeast are prime examples. Except for the Oriental cockroach, most of the roaches that we deal with are going to be very happy if the moisture levels are kept high. This includes the German Cockroach, the American Cockroach, and the Wood Roach. WE CAN HELP
2. Sanitation is very important as well. The more food that is present the greater the infestation will become. This is because excessive food will result in less competition and higher breeding. In addition, when food is scarce cockroaches will feed on each other. If there’s lots of food to go around this will not happen.
3. Harborage areas must be controlled. If you have lots of cracks and crevices, cardboard boxes, or other areas where cockroaches can breed and hide and feel safe then you are going to have a cockroach issue. Harborage must be eliminated as part of an overall cockroach control program. WE CAN HELP
4. The proper products and methods must be utilized to eliminate cockroaches efficiently. Eliminating cockroaches is much more difficult if you spread them all over the place instead of eliminating them where they are. Cockroach removal and control involves expertise as well as dedication. A3 Superior Pest Control has the dedication and experience to eliminate cockroach infestations no matter how bad.
One caveat on cockroach elimination. Although we use the best methods and products for removal, and we have the knowledge on how to exterminate cockroaches, it is important to note that many cockroach infestations begin with captives (cockroaches being brought in boxes or other materials) or because they are coming in from an adjacent unit. We can eliminate the immediate infestation but typically ongoing treatments unless you live alone in a single-family home and are very cautious with what you bring in will be required. American cockroaches which commonly come up the drains are another cockroach that may require additional measures such as flushing or capping drains to stay cockroach-free.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Rid Of Roaches?
Price for Getting rid of cockroaches
Pricing will vary depending on the number of cockroaches, the size of the area that requires treatment, and the difficulty in removal. In some cases, a single treatment will not provide the best results and multiple treatments must be scheduled to ensure that all cockroaches are removed from your home or apartment. In case of restaurants or delis typically biweekly to monthly service is required to ensure that the cockroach populations are controlled and you maintain an “A” on your Department of Health sanitation report.
Cockroach control comes down to some very easy basics:
- Sanitation: If you have food and other organic material out you will not be able to control cockroaches.
- Cooperation: If you live in a multi-family and others are not keeping their apartments clean you will not be able to eliminate cockroaches quickly.
- Moisture: Moisture control is super important when it comes to cockroach extermination. Dryer is better.
- Harborage: Lots of nooks and crannies, crevices and places to hide in the kitchen or bathroom-you will have a hard time to get rid of roaches. Seal up all cracks and crevices and then treat.
- Call us if you want a professional job done at a fair price. We are cockroach extermination professionals and we know how to get rid of roaches.
Cockroaches spread disease and as such should not be allowed to gain a foothold in your home or apartment. It does not take a lot of food to feed a cockroach population or a very long time for cockroaches to get out of control. These insects should be dealt with as soon as you are aware that they are within your residence.
Let A3 Superior Pest Control handle this issue for you expeditiously and affordably. Call today and get rid of your cockroaches tomorrow.